Special edition glitter champagne bottles are so gorgeous but can be so expensive. Skip the over-priced bottles this year and create your own! These sparkling bottles are so easy to DIY and make the perfect gift for weddings, birthdays, or events like NYE!
What You'll Need
- Champagne Bottles
- Mod Podge
- Masking Tape
- Foam Brushes
- Acrylic Sealing Spray
- Trash Bags or Newspaper For Cleanup (Optional)
- Gloves (Optional)
1. Make sure your champagne bottles are dry and at room temperature so that the glue sticks and does not dry too quickly.
2. Use the masking tape to block the glitter from getting where you don’t want it. We recommend using masking tape or painters tape because it is easy to remove and doesn’t leave any residue.
3. Glitter and glue are messy...put down newspaper or trash bags, and put on gloves to protect yourself and your counters from all the mess!
4. Use the foam brushes to paint the bottles with a layer of mod podge. Be sure to not paint the layer too thin or the glitter won’t stick, and not too thick or the glue will drip.
5. Immediately sprinkle the glitter over the bottle, making sure to stay far enough back to avoid clumping.
***We recommend doing steps 4 & 5 in small sections to avoid the glue drying too quickly.
6. Once you have glittered the entire bottle, double check for any patchy spots or any empty spots with no glitter.
7. Leave the bottles to completely dry for one hour.
8. Spray the bottles with the acrylic sealant -by the directions on the can. We recommend spraying 2-3 coats, to lock in all the glitter.
9. Allow the bottles to dry overnight & then you’re ready to party!